Monday, June 13, 2005

Friday's lesson

Friday was a rainy day but thankfully we managed to squeeze in my lesson at 2PM. Laurie came out to watch. Since I didn't have a chance to ride since my last lesson, stupid rain, we worked some more on bringing my toe in to Breezy's nose and looking around with my chest "eyes."

Sometimes it feels easier but most of the time it is a struggle to keep everything together. On the straightaways I am thinking... even weight on both seat bones, toes uniformly pointing toward the nose, tuck pelvis under...uh oh, here comes a turn...concentrate on inner toe pointing toward Breezy's nose, shift weight over to inner seat bone (how?), twist at the hips, let chest eye's look towards the center, don't let the head look first!!! Keep Breezy moving!!! Argh!!!

I know it will come together if I just keep doing it.

After the lesson Carey and I chatted a bit and just as I got off of Breezy it started to pour. We walked as quick as we could to the barn where I got Breezy untacked in a stall. Carey left to go teach Laurie's lesson and I hurried up and cleaned Breezy, let her graze for a little bit, rubbed down my soaked saddle with soap, and ran over to Laurie's to watch the last half.

During that lesson I had a voila moment and figured out how I was supposed to shift my weight to my inside seatbone while turning. You don't lean! You keep your torso straight up and down and shift it with your outside obliques! Shift then twist!! A revelation!

Of course, I found on Saturday that it is a lot easier to do while not actually on a horse. But Breezy was a good sport and I just kept turning around in all sorts of circles trying to figure it out.

Sunday poured rain all day so after work I went to Target and got a Yoga/Pilates DVD that focuses on Abs. Went home and did most of it, holy cow that stuff is tiring! Then I did the first twenty minutes of the DVD that Laurie loaned me. Needless to say I am pretty sore today but I feel good!

I am willing away the rain so that I can ride later on. I am going to be 28 tomorrow. I am going to have my own horse by the time I am 30. For real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home